Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fat size 8


It seems amongst quite a few girls I know, weight obsession is becoming a trend. Like an ideal figure does actually exist.

I can't get my head around it. Yes sometimes we may want to tone up a bit, or loose a few pounds, but when i'm told that people actually believe a size 8 is fat, it really makes you wonder, what is actually wrong here?

Is it a mental disorder, attention seeking or the start of an actual eating disorder? Do they know its not fat, but persist it is to make other non size 8 women think that they are really fat? Are they just trying to inflict their insecurities on to others, to satisfy their own insecurities?

If you are one of these people starting an epidemic of anorexia, then please take note:

It's people like you who cause eating disorders.

Women should look like women, not hip less little boys.

To the rest of you:

Don't be a victim of somebody else's issue.

4 comments:

  1. Woah, that accompanying image is really effective. I don't like the idea of anyone inflicting their own insecurities onto other people at all. It can be done the other way around as well- once I was in oasis or something and one woman who was obviously too large to fit into any of the clothes muttered something like 'let's get out of here, the people who wear these clothes can't be real women'. It's just a shame that people get these things confused and in turn, cause others to feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha how funny is that. If your obese, then yeah you need to sort it out. But it seems like everyone is becoming weight obsessed and calorie counting, when they really don't need too.

    Its the Law of Few here, it just takes one or two people to start doing this and trying to indoctrinate others and suddenly everyones copying and has an issue with themselves. I think it's become cool to be on a diet. Or be skinny and go to a restaurant and just order a salad.
    (Trend started by Victoria Beckham)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly can't eat a salad on its own and feel like I've had a satisfying meal. Those poor girls must train their tastebuds and stomachs to believe that it's actually worth it somehow? People glamourise this skinny lifestyle when it'd be much better to glamourise happiness that comes from the inside of a person, not just from their looks! I hate also that somehow we're all a victim of this condition too, whether it's through someone we know or someone pressing the issue on us. It doesn't help that if you hear it enough times you start to believe it! I admit that I've been unhappy with the way I look in the past but one day I thought to myself, seriously, who cares??

    Rant over haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soooo right here! The same thing happened to me, and i ended up trying to do slimfast! Which wasn't right. My bmi is still on the small side for my weight and height - and its true i woke up and felt the same. Who cares? Yes i need to tone up, not loose weight! That was the difference. Most of all, i had to stop listening to other people.

    ReplyDelete